Monday, September 26, 2022

35th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY FOR KATIE BYARD CARNEY AND JIM CARNEY

 


Jim Carney and Katie Byard Carney will celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary on Thursday, September 29.

 

Katie posted:

 

Happy 35th @legumecarney! Thank you for all the joy - being such a great dad, Papaw and uncle and dog daddy; the laughs; morning coffee; hunts for my glasses and keys; walks; errands (with and without me), advice when I wanted and also when I didn’t think I needed it, but did; Jimmy-made eggs, veggie burgers, goulashes and French martinis (and you don’t even drink!); your music and movie knowledge, your patience when I just want to watch an old Perry Mason or Law & Order; your adventuring with me; your love of interviewing strangers; your reminders about sending thank yous; your accounting skills; you love of my family snd friends;your patience with my sports illiteracy; your love of Swensons, Skyway, DeVitis; your world view; your generosity, your kindness; your letting me be me; your patience (sometimes) when I want to linger at the restaurant or museum; your mad photography and writing skills; your handmade cards, your decorated rocks, - am I at 35 things yet? That was the goal with this post! Most of all, I thank you for all the unconditional love, bringing your boys into my life (and now their families) and for being you. #luckinourheads

 

Jim and Katie both were Beacon Journal reporters hired by Tim Smith and Keith McKnight. Fellow reporter Bill Hershey, never without a pet dog, put Katie’s rental car on his credit card to get her to Akron for the interview. Bill and Katie both worked in the BJ’s Columbus bureau.

Jim also dabbled in being on local radio, even after his retirement from the BJ. Katie is into drag boat racing.

Katie recalls that wedding day in 1987:

 

“It was a beautiful fall day in Richfield. Jim and I decided it would be fun to dress up like a couple from the 50s (we were ahead of the curve when it came to themed events!), make Patrick, Will and Michael dress up like little maitre d’s, enjoy the evening with a bunch of friends in the upper room of the Richfield Tavern, share too many cocktail weenies with the group, cut a cake from the fab Budd's Bakery in Akron (decorated with Mickey and Minnie Mouse) and say ‘I do.’ Other stuff from Common Book of Prayer, thank u very much.

 

"Miss those who were there and are no longer with us. Blessed for those still supporting us and new friends we have made along the way. Blessed to share my life with Jimmy.”

Then they zipped off to their New Orleans honeymoon.

I encountered Jim more than once when the daffodils were in bloom at Summit Metro Park’s Daffodil Trail in Furnace Run on Brush Road in Richfield. We both are daffy about daffodils.


No comments: