Sunday, July 19, 2020

Ann & Ott Gangl on wedding day, skiing all over the world, and birthday flowers


Ann Gangl spending birthday in hospital
Ann Gangl, retired BJ photograph Ott Gangl’s wife, is spending her July 19th birthday in the hospital.
Ott explains:
“Ann has to celebrate her birthday in the hospital this time but she should be coming home in a day or two. Rapid heartbeat, not virus related. No dinner with family this time but it will get better eventually.”
 
Ott once told me the story of how he met Ann:
 
John, I came over on the same converted liberty boat from Germany as her cousin on April 20, 1952.
 
“So while visiting I was introduced to the family with three young and beautiful daughters. I dated the older one for a while and then went to the middle one, Ann, to whom I got enamored while sitting in their living room waiting for Mary to fiddle with her makeup.
 
“After Mary dumped me I didn't miss a beat to date Ann. We got engaged in 1954 and a year later we got married.”
 
Ann is 87. But Ann and Ott have the hearts and vigor of 67-year-olds! Or younger!
 
She’ll bounce back. Gangls always do.

  •  

    No comments: