Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Gamboa leaving Newsday

Glenn Gamboa
Former BJ entertainment critic Glenn Gamboa is taking a Newsday buyout Friday. He is chief pop music critic.

Glenn’s post:

“It’s official: I’m taking a buyout at Newsday and Friday will be my last day at the paper, just two weeks shy of 19 years. I have mixed emotions about it, and really haven’t processed what it all means since it’s been a whirlwind process. Not sure what will come next, but I am looking forward to a new adventure.


“I admit that this one will be hard to beat. This photo is my most famous moment at Newsday — getting yelled at by John Mayer in the Live Earth press room while “The Daily Show” cameras rolled. (Yes, that’s Aasif Mandvi behind me.) I really can’t wait to see what happens next.”

Cleveland native Glenn, who lives in Brooklyn, has been writing about music for more than 20 years. He led Newsday’s team that chronicled the impact of hip-hop music in America that was a Pulitzer Prize finalist.

Glenn was at the 44 E. Exchange Street from 1993-2000.

No comments: