Thursday, March 26, 2015



On the Mark -- twice

PD and former BJ entertainment critic Mark Dawidziak, who is approaching antiquarian status, both wrote and designed this cover for his book, “Mark Twain in Ohio.”

Quips Mark:

“If you like the cover for ‘Mark Twain in Ohio’ published by Rod Serling Books, well, I designed it. If you don't like, keep it to yourself.

“This book will be debuted Saturday, April 4, at the 33rd Annual NOBS Akron Antiquarian Book & Paper Fair. Sara and I will be presenting our two-person play of Twain material, "Twain By Two," at 1 p.m.

For those not in the know, that’s the Northern Ohio Bibliophilic Society.

The fair will be both Friday, April 3rd and Saturday, April 4th, at the John S. Knight Center, 77 East Mill Street, Akron. Friday 3-8:30 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Admission $5 for non- NOBS Members and $3 for students.
Dandi Daley Mackall, Edgar-winning author of books for children, teens, and adults, will procede Dawidziak at 11 a.m., giving a talk entitled “Frozen Moments: My Life in Books.”
At 1 p.m. Mark and wife Sara Showman will give their umpteenth performance of “Twain by Two.” After that, Mark will hawk sales of his book and sign for those willing to cough up the dough.
I visited Samuel Langhorne Clemens’ grave in Elmira, New York (I have visited gravesites, birth sites and worksites of authors during my trips to 52 countries and 43 states; it’s my shtick as a 43-year newsroom veteran).
And I know Sammy was born in the town of Florida, Missouri and died in Redding, Connecticut. And grew up mostly in Hannibal, Missouri. And, later, prowled Nevada and California. And that he did a lot of traveling, in America and in Europe.

But I guess I’ll have to buy Mark’s book to see where Mark Twain was in Ohio.

No comments: