Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mad Hatter Stuart Warner

Warner’s Corner returns to BJ – for a day
Former BJ writing coach Stuart Warner, who joined the exodus of about two dozen to the Plain Dealer before heading West with his wife, Debbie Van Tassel, who is at the Arizona Republic, will be among those featured in Sunday’s 175th anniversary edition of the BJ.
Writes Stuart:
“On Sunday, Warner's Corner will come out of retirement for a day. I wrote a column for the 175th anniversary edition of the Akron Beacon Journal. I was proud to be part of that journalism legacy. Incidentally, my last column was on July 13, 1990, when I took 6-year-old Baby Corner to see New Kids on the Block. In July of this year Denise Warner assigned a Billboard reporter to cover the NKOTB reunion concert in Las Vegas. Life comes full circle. By the way, I had to get a new hat. What do you think?”
Actually, Stuart, the Mad Hatter of the BJ, your “new” hat was in a July 18, 2014 BJ Alums article about your shoulder replacement. How’s the rehab coming? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shoulder is getting better every day. Soon I'll be pitching for the Diamondbacks. At least I'll be as good as anybody they have.