Tuesday, September 02, 2014



Former BJ reporter Bob Springer, retired from the Kent State journalism faculty, and wife Barbara Hipsman Springer, who live in Kent, celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary 2,078.4 miles apart Monday, Sept. 1.

Wrote Barb in Wasco, Illinois:

“Married that cig-smoking, funny reporter Bob Springer 35 years ago! Happy to say, two lovely kids and two lovely careers later . . . he doesn’t smoke and I still find him funny. Happy anniversary across the miles to Portland, sweetie Bob!”
Top of Form
Bottom of Form

Responded Bob:

“Thank you, dear. You are exponentially the best thing that ever caught my attention. I wish we could have been together today, instead of 2,500-or-so miles apart. (Hey, Bob was only about 412 miles off, but the sentiment holds.) But I've been a little choked up all day that I've at least been able to be with Kyla and Anna. They are, after all, the miraculously splendid products of the joint venture we vowed to create, nurture and love 35 years ago today. I think we've been a success so far, and I hope to be able to continue to improve upon it for many years to come.”


Bob helped daughter Anna move from St. Charles, Illinois to Portland, Oregon, where her sister, Kyla, lives within the past week.

No comments: