Saturday, August 18, 2012

Kathy Fraze on her retirement


Yes, John, it's true. Sept. 28 will be my last day, and on Sept. 29, I'll wake up as an official Beacon Journal retiree.

Plans are indefinite right now. I've been working non-stop since I was 16, so the idea of spending a little time "doing nothing" is quite appealing.

Mike and I are taking a two-week trip to Scotland and Ireland (fourth trip over; Ireland is our favorite place) and then I'm just going to slowly explore what's out there. 

(Book No. 7 is in production, so that will keep me busy, too.)

I've been at the BJ for more than 39 years and it's been a damn good ride. But it's time to get off this bus and catch another.

fraze

= = = = = = = = = = =

Mike is Mike Needs, former BJ assistant managing editor.




No comments: