Sunday, February 26, 2012

Reflections on the weather chart for March

Please excuse the personal reflections by blogger Harry Liggett on the weather chart in today's Beacon Journal:

Does anyone use the monthly weather chart published by the Beacon Journal? The chart which popped out of my newspaper at breakfast Iisted information on my birthday on March 3 but also brought some sadness. The chart says the record low temperature for that date was minus 2 in 1043. Whoops a tyoo. Guess it was 1943 and not 1043. Record high was 74 in 1974. Last year ...the extremes were high of 36 and low of 15. So I guess the temperature on my birthday wil be somewhere between minus 2 and 74 degrees. The sun will rise at 6:57 and set at 6:19 which means my day will be 11 hours and 22 minues long. I remember how difficult the chart was to set in type when we first started using computers. I usually helped the rewrite guy, a dear friend, who had the unwanted task of putting it together. And I sadly remembered my dear friend.
R.I.P Don Bandy.

No comments: