Thursday, April 02, 2009

Lary Bloom, alive in Connecticut


Here's a reply from Lary Bloom and photo from his website. Please visit his website to learn more.


Hi Harry. I think I'm alive. Although the pictures might prove otherwise. Doing swell, thanks.
Have been living in Connecticut for 30 years, and for the last 10 or so have been working on books, and freelancing (now for NY Times and Connecticut magazine. -- website larybloom.net -- shows me alive, I think.). Still consider days of Beacon mag to be among the most exciting -- loved working with Bierman (alas), Doug Balz, Jim Ricci, Chuck Ayers, etc.

1 comment:

John Olesky said...

To parphrase a more-famous writer,
"The reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated." And is it "Lary" or "Larry"?

The other writer was Mark Twain. I've been to his gravesite so I know that Twain is dead, and planted alongside his wife and daughter.

Although I did see him at the Palace Theatre in Cleveland a few weeks back but he looked suspiciously like Hal Holbrook. I still like Mark Dawidziak's portral of Twain better.