Friday, May 09, 2008

Bob Abbott on Rx situation

Re exploring another lawyer's view of the situation:

As of yet I personally haven't searched to get another legal opinion of our situation with the BJ. And, at this point it will probably be a month or so before I get back into it. I feel I need to take a break from all this...it's been rather a chore...but I don't regret having explored our options (or lack of) to this point.

This message is to suggest that anybody that does make a contact with counsel to keep me up to speed, and I would even go so far as to suggest that I possibly could give you some ideas for your first initial contact in regard to this matter. I do have a pretty good idea of what they (counsel) might want to know at that first meeting...and if it's a free session you definitely would want to present everything that's possibly relevant.

And I can put you in contact with some individuals that have a different situation than I had...this could make all the difference in the world.

Feel free to pick my brain and get any information that could be of use.

Those that were part of our "slush" fund be aware that I finally have cleared all the paperwork, bills, etc. that were relevant to our probe of the Rx problem. The good news is that the lawyer didn't charge us for the latter phone calls and his counsel on different approaches that we might have been able to take. Doing most of the legwork myself and then bouncing ideas off him definitely worked out well...with no charge to our account. He was very sympathetic to our situation...and said it wasn't right (the way we were being treated) but the BJ was pushing all the loopholes as far as they could and they are keeping in mind how the courts have been handing down decisions. And it hasn't been to the advantage of the working man.

And of course when I was ready to make copies of all the paperwork you will be receiving my scanner/copier decided to quit talking to my computer (Murphy's law). But the problem was finally resolved and the checks (small though they be) will be in the mail early next week. Where have I heard that before?! And, as promised, you will have an accounting of every penny.

This effort wasn't in vain...we learned a lot and the BJ is aware that we aren't going to just roll over and let them get away with anything they desire to do. And I hope this might be just a start to maybe getting them to finally own up to their promises to their retirees and former employees.

No comments: