Friday, October 12, 2007

Here's proof Kavanagh works at CNN


Tomorrow (Oct. 13) marks the first anniversary of copy desk chief Jim Kavanagh's last day at the Beacon Journal. Jim says heI still can scarcely believe it has been a year..

"By the way," he writes. "I now have photographic evidence that I work at CNN.

"Normally I don’t work in the newsroom you see on TV, but in another one on a different floor. However, a couple of weeks ago I helped fill in at The CNN Wire, our in-house wire service that feeds all of CNN’s operations: CNN, Headline News, CNN Airport Network, CNN.com, etc., etc.

"During commercial bumps they often sweep a camera through the newsr
oom, and during that week I was caught on candid camera at least three times. A colleague down in the .com newsroom sent me this screen grab.

"I was sitting right behind the anchor desk, writing a story about Columbia University President Lee Bollinger’s friendly introduction for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad while the Iranian president was speaking. Thus the headphones.

[Addendum from Jim: Apparently I lied about what I was doing when that picture was taken. The time in the corner shows 6:56am, which would have been a tad early for the Bollinger/Ahmadinejad piece. I think this was actually President Bush’s speech at the U.N. … Whatever

"I’m a multimedia megastar!"

Blog Guy Note:
He will always be remembered as a BJ star

No comments: