Saturday, September 15, 2007

Rx note from Bob Abbott


I'm still receiving info and expect a couple more additions in the next week or so. As a result, it will take more time to go through all this and try to get in a presentable format for counsel to check out. Also, I plan to talk to Tom Cowman at the union meeting later this month. While it's possible that he might not have anything useful to add I believe it is worth the effort just to make sure. And I need to contact some people by phone for clarification of some info.

Over the months...the information I have gone through...and the stories (some of them pretty horrific) about the fallout from the BJ's approach to weaseling out of their obligations to their retirees...would lead a reasonable person to believe this should be a slam-dunk. But obviously interpretations of laws and reality are not necessarily in step.

So it looks like it will yet be another month before we complete this next step. I apologize for all the time this is taking. I had no idea things would move so slow...but I feel we need to cover any possibility that might help us out. So, once again, if any of you have any more information...get it to me...another bit of time won't make much difference at this point.

thanks

bob abbott

No comments: