Thursday, September 27, 2007

Rita Madick is leaving Beacon Journal


The BJ Retirees Blog heard from the Rumor Mill that Rita Kelly Madick, the Beacon Journal community relations director, was leaving-- so we asked her and got this response:


Wow! news does travel fast! (even if my response is slow! I was out of the office yes
terday with Leadership Akron)

Yes, I am leaving. And all I can say about where I'm going is that I'm excited about it. And thats all I can say because I truly have no idea where the next stop will be. While I've known for
a while that I was ready to move on, I didn't feel that I could look for a job while still here. My position as Community Relations Director would make that a little uncomfortable for me and any folks I might contact about new opportunities.

So I will start my search in the next week or so. I'm thinking that since I've been working
since I was 14, taking the Holidays off might be nice (Im here until Nov 9).

I'm hearing all the time that I will be pursued and that my biggest problem will be one of discernment in choosing....I don't know about that, so for now, will plan on doing some substitute teaching if nothing else.

Stay tuned!
Rita

No comments: