Saturday, July 14, 2007

Getting It Straight about Tom Moore's whereabouts

If you read this item:

Papa Joe's crowd bottoms out in size

Only seven attended the monthly Papa Joe's gathering today. I was the only newsroom retiree there. Former printers were Cal Deshong, Ed Hanzel and wife Norma, Gene McClellan, Carl Nelson and Francis Reeves, brother of late printer "Red" Reeves. Bob Pell was seeing former high school friends in West Virginia and Tom Moore reportedly was in Florida with Tom Giffen's baseball program for older players.

Tom's email correction:

john:
didn't go to florida. had an accident and totaled my car. just minor bruises, but car a total loss...that's why I missed the luncheon.
tom

My apologies to Tom. And my regrets that his car got totaled. And gratitude that he didn't get totaled.

Details, Tom?

No comments: