Sunday, October 09, 2022

MARK, OH MARK OH, WHEREFORE ART THOU? 40 YEARS OF MARRIAGE FOR DAWIDZIAKS

 


Former BJ pop culture critic Mark Dawidziak and his co-star for life, Sara Showman, both in marriage and on stage, celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary Sunday, October 9.

 

Mark posted:

 

“Forty years ago today . . . Oct. 9, 1982. We had met about a year before . . . we'd done two plays together during the next twelve months . . . and then we made the co-star billing official. I've never stopped telling the world how incredibly fortunate and blessed I am. I suppose a 40th anniversary is a special day for taking note of such things, but the truth is that I celebrate this every day.”

 

The co-star in the Large Literary Theater Company productions – Twain, Poe, Civil War, etc. – around Ohio and in other states.

 

Their cat is named Poe. Yes! Forevermore!

 

Mark’s book about Edgar Allan Poe will hit the light of day on February 14, 2023.

 

Mark once expressed my opinion of my BJ days in giving his memories of 44 E. Exchange Street:

 

I'm glad we knew journalism when newspapers mattered, and I'm glad we knew a thriving Beacon Journal. We will not see their like again. We were incredibly fortunate.

 

Indeed, Mark. Incredibly fortunate. As are you and Sara to have found each other on stage and exited stage right into a 40-year marriage.


No comments: