Wednesday, September 01, 2021

DAVE ALLBAUGH'S WIDOW PASSES AWAY AT AGE OF 96

 


Rose Allbaugh, widow of super reporter Dave Allbaugh of Dayton Daily News fame, passed away in North Carolina at the age of 96.

 

Rose and Dave’s sons are David B. Allbaugh of Arlington, Virginia and Mark G Allbaugh of Brevard, North Carolina. They had two grandchildren, Alex and Lea Rose Allbaugh.

 

Bill Hershey, a former Columbus and Washington bureau regular for the BJ, gave me the sad news.

 

Bill added:

 

“She had been living in assisted living in North Carolina near their son Mark and his family for the last five months, Mark told me. Until then she had been living independently. She was a force of nature, always on the move.


Mark’s wife Florence posted on Facebook about Rose, our daughter said.


Mark said they plan to have a gathering on Sept.18 at Dave and Rose’s house in Dayton.
Marcia and I plan to go.
They also have a son David who lives in Washington D.C. area.

 

If you want to send condolences to Mark his email address is ifg24@att.net

 

Dave was my most loyal friend when the Dayton Daily News fired me for union actitivities. Everyone else hid under their desk to avoid the wrath of union-hating Cox Newspapers, which owned the DDN.

 

I didn’t know till I looked up Dave’s obituary in connection with this article that he was born Roy David Allbaugh. Fitting. He was King David to me, too.


No comments: