Tuesday, July 27, 2021

PHIL CANUTO KNOWS FIRST-HAND WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT


 



WEWS-Channel 5 and DaLaun Dillard ran a story about former BJ medical writer, Phil Canuto, a kidney transplant recipient (from his cousin) who spoke to the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) advisory panel in Washington and urged them to recommend a third booster.

Phil is among 2.7% of Americans who are immune compromised. He did everything to stay safe in the pandemic, including getting vaccinated.

“In my case they tested antibodies and I tested negative after both shots,” Phil said.

“I’m really lucky to be alive, I really savor the life that I have. But I wish that I could live a fuller life and I don’t know when that is going to happen."

Phil also has has four back surgeries.

His stops in life have included Jacksvonville, Illinois, where he grew up; Elmhurst University in Elmhurst, Illinois; and the BJ.

Phil and wife Debra live in Akron.

Allison Reynolds, a scientist, credits Phil and Debra for her love of theater and the arts. She was raised in Akron, spent time in Philadelphia and currently works in Colorado.

Allison describes Phil as one of three men who guided and helped her through her life.


No comments: