Sunday, November 15, 2020

Bob Carpenter health report

 

Bob Carpenter health report

Kent State graduate and former WKNT news director Bob Carpenter still is dealing with kidney stone problems.

Here’s his latest report:

“In late August I was bleeding from a 3/4” long kidney stone...they blasted with shock wave therapy called Lithotripsy. Next day I was in hospital for severe bleeding. I passed out twice at home due to loss of blood and got a transfusion. All is well now on that problem.

“At the same time I was having severe problems with eating and my stomach. I had an Endoscopy last week. They took two biopsies which I’ll know about this coming week. Monday I’ll be at the hospital getting an Upper GI Esophogram/Hiatal Hernia test. This could be the problem and is treatable. I can only eat very small amounts and drinking lots of Ensure Plus.

“I’ve lost about 30 pounds (now at 159) and am off a few of my heart meds for now. I’ve been so weak for two months. I haven’t had the energy to go on Facebook or go to Kiwanis, but hope too soon. Will let you all know.

“(Wife) Kaye has been so great in looking after me, Same for family and friends. Dang, we need a cruise real bad. We had 4 cancelled in 2020 and rebooked them in 2021. Thank you! Carp

 

No comments: