Friday, May 15, 2020

Save these phone numbers if you have pension, medical or prescription problems as a BJ retiree!!!


I had to spend a couple of hours wading through the English maze garden of red tape to handle my bungled prescriptions.


Since I am among 50 who won the healthcare lawsuit against the BJ when it was owned by Black Press, among a zillion owners of the BJ, I get ANY prescription for $2 for 30 days and $4 for 90 days.


Even two prescriptions I get that cost $1,300 and $1,200, respectively. So $4 per 90 days is a major savings. By my calculations the Chanda-handled lawsuit has saved me $40,000 -- $3,000 to $5,000 a year so it will continue to grow and $16,000 and change reimbursement when the lawsuit was settled.


Anyway, the Walgreens Pharmacy on Howe Avenue shut down months ago. Some of their customers, including me, were transferred to the Walgreens on Brittain Road.


In doing this, they unintentionally and automatically blocked SAVRX, which handles BJ prescriptions.


Even having my daughter show them Judge David Dowd’s court decision for BJ retirees between 1978 and 2002 specifying $4 for ANY 90-day prescriptions didn’t sway Walgreens.


They believe us but they couldn’t get their computer to believe us.


After talking to Chandra Law Firm, the Cleveland geniuses who won the healthcare lawsuit against Black Press for 50 ITU retirees and 5 Guild retirees; Black Press human resources generalist Kaili McIlvenna, the name several of you provided to me and others via BJ newsroom Facebook page; Rebel Tavaris, who handles medical claims for BJ retirees; and Sarah at SAVRX in Nebraska, my problem should be solved by Monday, Walgreens told SAVRX.
But I want to pass along contact numbers that you should save and print out in case you have to deal with pension, medical or prescription problems as a BJ retiree.


Don’t lose the contacts. It will make your life easier, believe me.
Contacts by BJ retirees for pension or medical or prescriptions


Black Press Media


Human Resources


#210 15288 54A Avenue


Surrey, British Columbia


Canada V3S 6T4


 


Phone (604) 851-4431


Fax: (604) 575-2073




 


For pensions:


Kaili McIlvenna


Human Resources Generalist


Black Press Group Ltd.


At (604) 851-4431


 


For prescriptions:


SAVRX


(800) 228-3108


Located in Nebraska.


Anyone who answers phone can help you.


Called me back from (402) 753-2800 but you should start with the 800 number.


 


For Medical and BJ Pensions under Black Press (Sound Publishing):


 
 Rebel Tavaris
(253) 872-6730
1010 S. 336th Street Suite 330
Federal Way, WA 98003 



Here's the contact I made to inquire about the $14,000 life insurance for Guild retirees in effect at my 1996 retirement. In case it might help other BJ retirees: For Medical including BJ pensions: Sound Publishing Rebel Tavaris (253) 872-6730 1010 S. 336th Street Suite 330 Federal Way, WA 98003 Hope this helps you.
 
I'm 87 and hibernating during the coronavirus pandemic so I have PLENTY of time to deal with such things and a 43-year newspaper career and Englehart who taught me how to pursue information relentlessly.
Others are not as fortunate.
I hope my legwork will help you.
Stay safe during the pandemic.
If you do have inter-action with any of the phone contacts I provided please share any information you get with the rest of us, either on the BJ Newsroom Facebook page or by emailing me at jo4wvu@neo.rr.com  and I will spread the word via this blog.
We're in this together. A hundred straws are much stronger than one straw!

No comments: