Saturday, August 29, 2015



Finally, after recovering from jet lag and whatever else hit me, I put together an online photo album of the Aug. 14-21 Danube River cruise by Paula and me.
One of the highlights was the Passau, Germany organ in St. Stephan Cathedral, the largest church organ in the world.


The 17,774 pipes were divided into five groups so that you had sound coming from the front, from the back, from the left, from the right and from above.


It was the most astounding church sound I’ve ever heard, and I’ve been to the Mormon Tabernacle in Salt Lake City, Utah, which has the best acoustics in the world. To demonstrate, a woman at the altar dropped a pin, which we could hear clearly in the back row of pews.

The Passau concert was pretty close to feeling like you died and went to Heaven.

If you are interesting in looking at the online photo album of our Danube River cruise, click on

No comments: