Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Black Keys discuss divorces’ downers

In an interview by National Public Radio, The Black Keys’ Patrick Carney and Dan Auerbach, who went from Firestone High to Grammys, discuss breakups and the influence of Dr. John on their music.

Patrick Carney alludes to the difficulties when his dad, former BJ reporter Patrick Carney, divorced and Patrick’s own divorce. 

Patrick said: “I went through a breakup without a child (a divorce involving Cleveland Scene and former BJ reporter Denise Grollmus), and it's really hard. I remember watching my parents go through it when I was 6, and I don't think they were fully over it until I was 24. It's something that just affects you forever, especially if you have kids.”

Auerbach talks about his divorce from Stephanie Gonis “that was just so completely taking over everything.” It also cost Auerbach $5 million, the couple’s home, the Toyota Highlander and custody of singer Bob Dylan’s hair.

No comments: