Monday, June 07, 2010

Bears love BJ retirees property


After seeing Marv Katz's bears and wild boar, Olesky's 6 raccoons and retired printer Dick Latshaw's garage-loving alligator, BJ retiree Elizabeth Patton sent me this email:

John, here are pictures of my first hint that I had a bear by my house. Pictures taken a week later show the actual villain.

We spoke with Div. of Natural Wildlife and they told us to remove all feeders during April through November to prevent this kind of visitor.

My neighbor has a 1.5-hour video of the little guy sitting on the ground
having lunch from her feeders. Cute, but a little scary.

No signs yet this year of a comeback, but I keep watching.

-- Elizabeth




If you have personal wild animal stories, preferrably with photos, email them to John Olesky at

jo4wvu@sbcglobal.net

Click on the headline to see Elizabeth's bear, her Blairsville, Georgia home and her dog, Cookie.

For a 2009 story catching up with Elizabeth's life after the BJ, go to

http://bjretirees.blogspot.com/search?q=Catching+Up+With+.+.+.+Elizabeth+Patton

No comments: