Saturday, August 29, 2009

Personal note from Harry Liggett


Helen and I are almost back home after a catastrophic illness nightmare at Cleveland Clinic for 20 days--mostly in intensive care. Helen had surgery at Akron General Medical Center in April for a ruptured ulcer on the back of her stomach. A scan at that time also showed a mass near the aorta diagnosed as B cell lymphoma. Helen had chemo and 24-7 dialysis. The chemo caused a huge decrease in the mass but there were other problems. Finally on August 17 (Day 20), she was discharged and taken by ambulance to Copley Health Center, 150 Heritage Woods, across from AGMC wellness center for rehabilitation. Room A210. Telephone 330-670-6690. Thanks for all your prayers. Sorry I have been out of touch, but I am devoting all my time to Helen.

Click on headline to read more on my personal blog

1 comment:

John Olesky said...

Words fail me.

I've been there.

But I've never felt more inadequate in my life.