Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Here's an update from Marvin Katz

Here's an e-mail update from Marvin Katz who is now on our email and retiree list:

After 40 years of successive careers in journalism,
public relations, and freelance writing and PR consulting, I retired in 1998. Three years later, my wife Joyce and I moved from Rockville, Md., where we'd lived for 24 years, to a mountainside home five miles due north of downtown Hendersonville, N.C., and 22 miles from Asheville. Life is reasonably good, with modern medical technology staying a step or two ahead of our needs. I stepped down earlier this year after six years on the board of our homeowners association, five of them as president. But there's enough other stuff going on that I wonder how I ever found time to work for pay. We have two daughters. Lisa is a Kent State grad like me who did her J-School internship at the BJ and is now director of news services for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Susie is a family-practice physician in Portland, Ore., and the mother of our two grandchildren.

--Marv

No comments: