Friday, March 07, 2008

BJ Art Department about 1978


Art Krummel provided this photo of the Beacon Journal Art Department around 1978. (Click on the photo to enlarge it for a better view)

Here is the note Art sent with it:

i found this old photo of the beacon art dept. dated around 1978 (based on the mickey mouse birthday card).

boy, that was a cramped little office and Joe and I still smoked (i might have just quit, not sure). I have no idea what the number one is doing on my chest. chuck is sitting in denny haas's chair and the desk in the foreground is where i sat.

Walt, Bud and Joe, of course are sitting behind myself and Chuck.

Chuck, Balogh, Derf and I still get together for a beer every now and then. We're even kicking around the idea of a show featuring "artists who used to work at the Beacon but don't anymore"

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love it. The good old days for sure! Krummel is so hip and Chuck is so young looking. Miss you guys.

—Kathy Hagedorn
(one of just a few artist's left)