Friday, June 16, 2006

Do all tech support guys have the same accent?

I couldn't get on the Internet at all this morning with my Windows XP PC, so I called SBC DSL tech support.

The guy with an accent from India talked me through various steps which worked before. But not this time. So he gave me the number of the Lynksis tech support.

The Lynksis tech guy, remarkably with the same accent from India, talked me through different steps and -- voila! -- the computer and the Internet get along like newlyweds.

Do you suppose the SBC DSL tech guy with an accent from India works in the same building, maybe the same room, as the Lynksis tech guy with an accent from India?

Heaven help all the American companies if the tech guys with the accent from India unionize and demand the same wages and benefits as American tech guys (if there are any left).

No comments: