Thursday, December 29, 2005

Senior Moment for Tom Moore


Tom Moore confesses a senior moment:

You never know who you'll run into. Yesterday my son-in-law and I were at Chapel Hill Plaza getting out of the car to go into Tops. A lady passed us and I immediately knew she looked familiar but I couldn't come up with a name right away (Guess I was having a senior moment). So I caught up with her and risking a slap or a kick said: "I think I know you."

She stopped and said: "What's the first name?"

That senior moment was still with me.I told her that she asked me too fast, but I was sure I worked with her at the Beacon Journal.

She replied: "First name Joan?"

I told her that was it.

She said "I'm her twin sister from New York!"

And she said she'd give my best to Joan.

That senior moment left me shortly thereafter and I remember Joan Rice was the name that eluded me. What, I worked with her for 20 or so years? It's hell when you get old.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only do the Rice twins look alike (well, they are identical twins), but they sound alike, too. Talking to Joan's sister, a New York TV news personality, is like talking to Joan. I remember Joan Rice, even in my senior moments, because she let me vent to her during our Features Department days when I was having problems dealing with BJ management decisions. Well, they were stupid decisions, in my mind, at least. Best as I can remember.

Tom, when you can't remember who YOU are, THEN you are really in trouble. I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it.