Thursday, September 09, 2004

Maxine Lozier on the hurricanes


“Charley" wasn't good to us, without electric for a week and weather in the nineties. That's a lot better than Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte - those poor people are still recovering. One of our son-in-laws is in Port Charlotte, with FEMA and says they still have a long way to go, he's working 12 hours a day. In other words we were very, very lucky.

"Frances" gave us forty to fifty mile winds-no damage. The electric was off and on but not for any long period of time. Again we were lucky.

"Ivan," I'm worried about, a category five hurricane could crumble this house of ours, I'm sure. Especially after looking at the pictures coming through my computer.
All of this isn't enough, our son-in-law passed away in Holland Michigan (my daughter, Pam's husband). When this is over, I'm thinking about writing a book -- there's a lot that I haven't put in writing that would make a good story at least for a smile, after the worst is over and forgotten.

Thanks for listening, I feel better now. Maxine Lozier lozimax@aol.com

No comments: